Wish List For Google Reader

No comments

A few days ago Google changed the appearance of Google Reader in line with its other services, they also removed some of the social elements while at the same time integrating it more tightly with Google+. I was hoping that they would add some features as well but sadly they didn't. And of all the Google services including search and Gmail, Reader is the one I spend most of my time.

So here are my wish list from Google developers for Google Reader:

    Advanced Analytics: There are over 300 subscriptions in my account and naturally I don’t have time to read most of them. It would be nice to know to which feed providers I pay most and least attention. So that I will be able to clean some of them. Google has all this information.
    Intelligent Favorites Folder: Based on analytics data and interactions with posts (starring, sharing etc.) I want to see my favorite providers first in random order. If you select all items and then sort feeds by magic, it randomizes your feeds by some algorithm but it is far from what I want. Just look at the picture below. Of over 300 feed providers GReader shows me only feeds from Engadget when I sort by magic. And as you can see Engadget posts frequency is extremely high.
image
    Theme Support: Gmail has themes, so why not Google Reader. I can always use extensions and user scripts but I don’t want to use third party tools for a very basic feature like this.
    Similar People: Based on subscribed feeds Google may recommend people to follow on Google+.
    Advanced Sorting Options: Right now you can only sort feeds by source, tags, time and whether they are read or not. You can not view your starred posts from specific feeds, you can not view posts from certain dates.

    What are your wishes?

    No comments :

    Post a Comment