Facebook–How to Prevent Applications From Posting on Your Behalf

5 comments
One of the most annoying features of Facebook compared to Google+ is its privacy settings.
image
Almost all applications on Facebook require your full permission to post on your behalf. Although you can revoke this permission after you add the application to your profile, finding the right settings is rather hard.
You need to open your account settings, click on apps and from there choose the app you want to revoke your permissions.
image
In the above example I opened Bubble Witch Saga. As you can see there is a remove option on the right side of post on your behalf. However if you do this some applications will require your permission again. In that case you can just change the setting of who can see the posts of that app and select only me option.

5 comments :

  1. how can I turn this option back ON?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the app does not reqire a re-authorization on your next usage, your only option is reinstalling the app (I think).
    But why would want it? Almost all apps have inapp sharing features.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that's why http://mypermissions.org is useful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, Facebook has changed this and we no longer have the option to remove an app or game's ability to post on our behalf. Makes me very upset.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With ɦavin so mսcҺ content aand articles dо you
    ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright violаtion?
    My websіte has a lott of completely uniique content I've eithеr created myself or outsoսrceԀ but it looks like
    a lot of it is popping it up all over the weƄ without my
    agгeemeոt. Do you know any techniques to help reduce content from being stolen?
    I'd really aplpreciate it.

    my homeƿage: penny stocks vip

    ReplyDelete