Internet Explorer Prints Blank Pages

2 comments
Internet ExplorerI was having problems with printing jobs in Internet Explorer. Whenever I print a webpage it was always a blank page except for the footer such as the one below which indicates the address of the temporary web file;
file:///C:/Users/Username/AppData/Local/Temp/xsadd.htm
I looked at the temp folder (Win+R, %TEMP%) and found that file named xsadd.htm was there. So there was nothing wrong with the file. After a bit of research I found out that some drive cleaning programs (CCleaner, SlimComputer etc) are deleting the necessary "low" folder in temp directory where IE creates temporary files for the printing job.
For a quick fix for this problem I tried creating the "low" folder myself and then change its permissions, and this solved my problem.
To change the permissions fire up the command prompt with administrative rights (win+r / cmd) and type:
icacls C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low
Directory structure may not be the same for you. So look at the footer of your blank page.
There is also a Microsoft Fix it solution for this problem. 

2 comments :

  1. Worked for me. Thanks !!!!

    Could Kaspersky be responsable for that ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that worked for me most of the time. There were a few spots where I actually had to create the "low" directory and then run the script. This is pretty silly!

    ReplyDelete